Guillermo de Anda Jáuregui
- Pharmaceutical and biological chemist UNAM - Faculty of Chemistry.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences - UNAM (Summer 2016).
Search for new therapeutic targets in complex diseases: Complex diseases involve several alterations at different biological levels that lead to the phenotype. This makes finding a single pharmacological target hard. Strategies based on systems biology can be used to integrate omics-scale data, finding deregulated, potentially druggable molecules.
Classification strategies of complex diseases: Complex diseases are heterogeneous. Not all patients show the same alterations, reflecting in pathological differences. Implementing classification strategies using omics-scale data may help the decision-making process in the clinical setting. Exploring the differences and commonalities between different manifestations of a disease can help us find new drugs, both general and specific to a particular phenotype.
Crosstalk phenomena in biological pathways: Biological pathways are not isolated, but in fact may share molecules with each other. Crosstalk between pathways may have effects on the different phenotypes of complex diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, pathway crosstalk may lead to differences in pharmacological response. The study of crosstalk might lead to a better understanding of the pathological processes in disease, and help in the search for new and better therapeutic options.
- G de Anda-Jáuregui, TE Velázquez-Caldelas, J Espinal-Enríquez, E Hernández-Lemus, Transcriptional Network Architecture of Breast Cancer Molecular Subtypes, BMC Genomics, (submitted)
- G De Anda-Jáuregui, RA Mejía-Pedroza, J Espinal-Enríquez, E Hernández-Lemus (2015) Crosstalk events in the estrogen signaling pathway may act tamoxifen efficacy in breast cancer molecular subtypes, Comput Biol Chem. 2015 Dec;59 Pt B:42-54. doi: 10.1016/j.compbiolchem.2015.07.004
- Helgi Jung Cook ; Guillermo de Anda Jáuregui ; Kenneth Rubio Carrasco ; Lourdes Mayet Cruz ; Comparación de perfiles de disolución. Impacto de los criterios de diferentes agencias regulatorias en el cálculo de f2, Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Farmacéuticas 2012, 43 (5)
Work in progress
- Search of functional regulatory modules in transcriptional networks of breast cancer molecular subtypes.
- Functional analysis of modules in RNA-seq derived breast cancer transcriptional networks.
- Systematic search of new pharmacological targets in breast cancer molecular subtypes.
- Analysis of pathway networks in breast cancer.
- Pharmacological modulation of pathways deregulated in breast cancer cell lines.